This is part of a series on recipes that I use to fix myself a quick meal with as little number of ingredients as possible.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 300 g potatoes
- 100 g yogurt
- salt, Indian Spice box (red chilli, turmeric, garam masala, cumin seeds, mustard seeds)
- In a pan, pour 1tbsp olive oil and sauté chopped onions till they are nice and brown.
- In the meantime, take the potatoes and put it in a carry bag. Microwave the potatoes for 12 mins at 850W and check if they are cooked. If not, run for a few more minutes. This is probably the fastest way in which I have ever cooked potatoes. Simple, hassle-free and good results. PS: Potatoes put in without carry bag dry up and are not cooked evenly.
- Peel and chop the potatoes as you like. Add some salt here and mix the potatoes well.
- In the pan, add the salt & spices to taste (chilli first, followed by turmeric, garam masala & cumin seeds). Mix onions evenly and then add yogurt and about 50 mL water. Mix well. Add the potatoes to this mixture and stir again. Leave the preparation on medium flame for 5-10 mins.
- Pour in a bowl and enjoy with nan bread or khakra.
Overall cooking time: 35 mins
Hope you enjoy this recipe and if you do then don’t forget to subscribe to this blog by email.